On this site, you find material related to the class Information Science in Action.
- This is an interactive course and you should be able to ask and answer questions in English
- This is a practical course and you should be able to write small but complete programs in some language
- e.g., Python or Java
- You should know how to use a plain text editor to prepare data files and programs
- Bring your own laptop to class to work consistently in class and at home
- if you don’t have a laptop, one will be provided in class
- make sure that you store the data so you can work from home
- Read the lecture notes below to prepare for class and for the final exam
- If instructed, write a report by logging into this website and creating a new post
- make sure the number of words that should be written are not counting the programming code
- the text should reflect your understanding of your code
- 50% of the final grade is work, questions, and discussions in class
- ask questions in class!
- 50% of the final grade is the final exam
Below is a list of content related to theoretical topics we cover in class.